Mr Sohail P. Ahmed 1991-1993
- Formed the Association, PAAPAM, and became the founder Chairman.
- Drew up its Articles of Association and Memorandum,set up sub-committees, involved vendors from all over the Country viz Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gujranwala, Hub etc. extensively, set up monthly news letter on activities etc.
- Got ECMMA to cooperate and work with PAAPAM.
- Interacted with the government at all levels actively and made them recognize PAAPAM as spokesperson for auto part manufacturers and became a member on many committees set up by the government.
- Got Sales Tax on vendors reduced from 18% to 12.5% and Custom Duty on raw materials also reduced.
- Applied for registration of PAAPAM with Ministry of Commerce.Visited AutoMechanika Frankfurt to assess the potential of participation by vendors. Thereafter advised the vendor strongly to participate.
- PAAPAM has been participating ever since.
- Contested the yellow cab scheme, benefits of which were meant only for imported vehicles, and advocated it in favour of industry. Mr. Nawaz Sharif amended the scheme somewhat in favour of the industry in his next stint as the Prime Minister.
- Resigned voluntarily and got the next president elected seamlessly, to establish democratic traditions in PAAPAM.