Muhammad A. Malik 2007-2008
- Restoration of PAAPAM respect.
- Induction of PAAPAM members in AIDC committees.
- Cordial relations with PAMA & formation of working group.
- Successful negotiations with OEMs regarding price indexation of raw materials
- Effective media coverage of PAAPAM activities
- Implementation of Auto plus ERP for PAAPAM nominated units.
- Implementation of SMEDA-JICA – PAAPAM Industry Support Programme for Auto Part Sector.
- Establishment of auto clusters at Lahore – Karachi.
- Successfully resolved disputes between foreign buyers and vendors including ITC classification issues.
- Conveyed its concern on the issue of 35% L/C margin to highest authorities and succeeded in getting relaxation on raw materials.
- Coordination with TDAP / EDB for holding exhibitions locally and abroad.
- Formation of trade delegations.
- Withdrawal of Sales Tax exemption for Tractor vendors. Here I wish to mention the guidance & help provided by honourable Syed Mansoor Abbas & Mr. Muhammad Saleem for resolving the matter.
- Took strong stand on the matter of import of CKD from India and vehemently opposed on all forums.
- Shelving of small tractor import scheme.
- Consistent liaison with government departments including F.B.R. Ministry of Industries, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Food & Agricultural EDB, TDAP, Pakistan Steel, SBP.
- Planning Commission of Pakistan, Chief Minister of the Punjab, BOI, Directorates of Social welfare & Labour, Sui Northern Gas Ltd., WAPDA. NAVTC, DFID, TEVTA, VTI.
Future guideline for incoming management:
- Diversification – Should focus on APTMA, ICI & HAIER like institutions.
- Max utilization of PAAPAM platform for collective efforts instead of individual contacts.
- Confidence building among community.